Laboratory tests verified that SKF fork seals reduce friction by more than 20% and keeping it constant during the operation. Stick-slip was also reduced when compared to standard seals. Diagrams 1 and 2 show the load distribution over the stroke of the fork (spikes represent vibrations) and the value of the friction generated by the seals during operation (force) both in the case of chrome plated and hard coated rod. In field tests, riders experienced a much smoother feeling that results in better accuracy and more comfort.
The sealing system for the ultimate riding experience
The oil and wiper seals have been specially designed to provide the following benefits:
- compatible with a wide range of original equipment and aftermarket oils
- increase seal life and performance
- enhance water and dirt protection capability and withstand UV light
- maintain low and constant friction in operation
- reduce wear and air suction.
- Additional Information
Part Number SKF-KIT39T Manufacturer SKF Sherco Part Code 3661, 3662 GasGas Part Code BT201303012, BT201403012, BT201303013, BT201403013 Scorpa Part Code 3661, 3662 Montesa / Honda Part 51422-NN4-L10, 51425-NN4-J11, 51422-NN4-J11 EM Part Code TL01K-20117-00-00, TL01K-20115-00-00 Ossa Part Code BT201303012, BT201403012